Costs - Terms and Conditions
Applicable costs for hire of Church Hall
|Hiring the Church Hall|
|Hiring fee is £20 an hour|
|£25 deposit required at time of booking. This will be returned within 30 days of the event, subject to any sums withheld to meet part of the hire fees or the cost of rectifying damage arising during the hiring.|
Terms and Condition of Hire
- Booking: All booking applications must be in writing on the booking form provided, and will be subject to approval by the St Barnabas Parochial Church Council (hereafter referred to as the PCC). The person signing this form will be considered the Hirer. Where an organisation is named in the application the organisation will also be considered the Hirer and shall be jointly and severally liable with the person who signs this form.
- Times: The time booked must include setting up time and clearing away time. The building will be unlocked at the agreed opening time and locked again at the agreed closing time. Should the Hirer be more than 30 minutes late in arriving without contacting the key holder, there will be no access.
- Deposit and Charges: The Hirer will pay a deposit of £25.00 at the time of booking. This will be returned within 30 days of the event, subject to any sums withheld to meet part of the hire fees or the cost of rectifying damage arising during the hiring. The hourly rate is £20.
- Supervision and Responsibility: The Hirer will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, for their care, safety from damage, however slight, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity. This includes proper supervision of car-parking arrangements so as to avoid danger to members of the public and obstruction of the public highway and access road to the vicarage.
- Completion of Hire: At the end of hiring the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition. Should this not be complied with the PCC reserves the right to make an additional charge, which may be deducted from the deposit paid. As the Centre has no refuse collection, all rubbish is to be removed and taken away by the Hirer.
- Child Protection: In the event that the hiring involves the attendance of children and young persons under the age of 18 at the premises, the Hirer confirms that there will be in place an appropriate Child Protection Procedure. The Hirer agrees to ensure that all adults present on the premises are aware of this Procedure and abide by it. The Hirer confirms that, when necessary under the terms of the Child Protection Procedure, appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service checks will be carried out in respect of persons involved with children and young people on the premises during the course of the hiring. The Hirer must ensure adequate supervision.
- Parking: The hire of the premises does include the use of parking facilities. However, the PCC reserves the right to ask for any cars related to this hiring to be removed or prevented from parking on site due to funeral or other concurrent or overlapping activities on site.
- Exclusions: The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purposes other than that described in the Hiring Agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything to bring on to the premises anything which may endanger the premises or any insurance policies connected with the premises.
- Alcohol: These are not licensed premises and no alcohol can be sold thereon without a licence from the local authority. Should the Hirer wish to bring drinks onto the premises for private and moderate consumption, written notice of this is to be provided at the time of booking and permission will need to be sought from the PCC.
- Smoking: The entire premises are a No Smoking Zone.
- Music: The Hirer undertakes to satisfy any requirements under performing rights for the performing or playing of live or recorded music. Any Hirer who intends to play music or have a live band agrees to inform the PCC in writing at the time of booking. The Hirer undertakes to ensure that all noise is kept to a level such that neighbours of the church premises are not unduly disturbed. The Hirer agrees in any event to terminate all loud noise on the premises at 10.30 pm.
- Public Safety: The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Magistrate’s Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays and shall ensure that such events shall not involve the infringement of any copyrights or performing rights. The Hirer shall comply with all laws, regulations or instructions applicable to any pandemic or country wide disease or local disease and where an infringement is deemed it shall be the Hirer's responsibility to ensure compliance with those laws, regulations and instructions for every person within the premises or grounds of the church.
- Where the purpose for which the premises are hired includes dancing, the Hirer shall not cause or allow the maximum number of patrons and/or guests admitted to exceed the number specified on the application form. (Maximum allowed - 60 people in the main hall, 30 in the small hall).
- Emergencies: In anticipation of an emergency it is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the Hirer is aware of the location of first aid kits, stopcocks, the nearest hospital and the like.
- Damage: The Hirer shall indemnify the PCC for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the surroundings or the contents of the building, which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
- The Hirer shall not interfere in any way with the alarm panel, electricity or gas fittings, meter fittings, fire extinguishers or other fixtures on the premises.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that the electricity supply is appropriate for any equipment used and that any equipment used will not endanger, overload or damage the electricity supply, circuits, wiring, plugs, sockets, alarm panels etc. Any electrical equipment brought onto the premises by the Hirer or other persons connected with the event, is the responsibility of the Hirer.
- Insurance: The Hirer acknowledges that the loss of any items left unattended is not covered by the PCC’s insurance cover. The Hirers’ activity will not be covered by St Barnabas’ Insurance, and the Church Representative will need to see the original insurance documents of a group wanting to use the Centre.
- Cancellation: If necessary the booking can be cancelled at no cost if at least a week’s notice is given.
- Even if the Hirer has a regular booking for the hire of the premises at St Barnabas, the PCC reserves the right to renew, vary or cancel any such regular arrangements. This right will not be unreasonably enforced.
- In the event of the premises or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use of which it has been hired, the PCC shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
- Access: The Hirer shall allow any duly authorised officer of the PCC access to the premises or any part there of at all times during the hiring.
- Health and Safety: All health and safety, and food hygiene matters are entirely the responsibility of the Hirer and due care must be taken. Should any person visiting the premises at the time of hiring who becomes ill with a pandemic or country wide disease or local disease, they shall act in accordance with all laws, regulations or instructions applicable, in respect of informing the Hirer and informing all persons present, or their carers and parents, so they can seek advice from the appropriate authority.
- Access to the fire exits must be kept clear at all times and users made aware of where the fire exits are. Fire extinguishers are positioned in the main hall, entrance hall and kitchen. The route to the rear emergency exit is to be kept clear for passaging at all time.
Click here for the church hall booking form